Official Rules: KU Money Trivia Game
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
CommunityAmerica Credit Union (“Sponsor”) and this Game is in no way endorsed or administered by KU or Instagram.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Game is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
The following persons are not eligible to enter the Game:
a) employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers and employees;
b) officers, employees and agents of any organizations directly involved with this Game, including any co-sponsor of the Game;
c) immediate family members and persons living in the same household as the persons identified in (a) and (b) above.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
a) The Game begins on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 7:00 P.M. Central Time (“CT”) and ends Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 7:30 P.M. CT (“Game Period”). Game will be advertised via @LifeSkillsKU Instagram account, and all entries must be received by 7:30 P.M. CT on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 to be included in the Game. Unlimited entries per individual during the Game Period. Sponsor’s computer will be the official time keeping device for the Game.
b) Automatic entry when individuals participate in the KU Money Trivia Game.
3. ODDS OF WINNING: The actual odds of winning will depend upon the actual number of entries received for this game.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about Tuesday, March 30, 2021, at 7:30 P.M., there will be a random drawing. There will be fifty-nine (59) total prize “Winners” drawn in total, from event registration and any phone call entries received. The winners will be notified as outlined in Section 7 – Claiming Prize (below). Winner must be present to win.
5. PRIZE: Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) $25 Visa gift card, forty (40) winners will each receive one (1) $50 Visa gift card, two (2) winners will receive one (1) $200 Visa gift card, ten (10) winners will each receive one (1) $25 Starbucks gift card, one (1) winner will receive a KU Gift Pack (valued at $50), and one (1) winner will receive a KU Final Four framed photo (valued as $199). Fifty-nine (59) winners will be determined as described in Section 4. The winners will each receive one (1) Prize in total. The fifty-nine (59) winners must confirm their acceptance through email or phone by Friday, April 2, 2021 at 1 P.M. to avoid being considered forfeited, and prompting a new winner to be randomly drawn.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are not transferable. Federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified are the responsibility of the winners and a Form 1099 may be issued at 2021 year end. Additional restrictions may apply. Only the prizes specified above will be awarded. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor shall only be responsible for awarding the number of prizes as stated in these rules. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded.
7. CLAIMING PRIZE: All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Winners will be notified by email (or via phone call if alternate method entry) on or about Tuesday, March 30, 2021 after 7:30 P.M. CT. As a condition of winning the prizes, the winners may be asked to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release, where permitted by law, and any other applicable forms required by a taxing authority or prizes will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Furthermore, if prize is not picked up from the location requested by winners during the timeframe set forth in Section 5, then the prize will be deemed forfeited and a new winner will be randomly drawn. The prize is deemed delivered when the winner confirms their attendance. By accepting the prize, the winners consent to Sponsor’s use of their name, photograph and/or likeness, address, voice, and statements made by or attributed to them, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If any correspondence of the game judge is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize. Any unclaimed prizes will be awarded in a random drawing to be held as necessary.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
a) By participating in this Game, entrants agree to release, hold harmless Sponsor and all co-sponsors of the Game and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; and/or 2) participation in the Game or any prize related activities, including but not limited to traveling to or from any prize related activity. Upon delivery of the prize to the winners, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winners with winners assuming full responsibility for the prize. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. CommunityAmerica Credit Union is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Game-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries. CommunityAmerica reserves the right to cancel or modify the Game.
b) Additionally, by participating in this Game, entrants agree to release, hold harmless Instagram from any and all liability whatsoever and acknowledge that this Game is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram or KU.
10. MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: By participating, entrants agree: a.) to be bound by and comply with these Official Rules, and b.) that all decisions of the judges and of CommunityAmerica with regard to this Game are final and binding in all respects. If you win, you consent to your name being published on a list of winners. This Game is an independent game. Should a catastrophic or other unforeseen event occur that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled and this unforeseen event affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Game, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Game. This right is reserved whether the unforeseen event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the contest, we reserve the right to select a winner from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change or suspend the contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Game, will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors.
11. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to conflict of law principles.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “CommunityAmerica Credit Union Attn: Ben Niehues – KU Money Trivia Game Winners List”, P.O. Box 15950, Lenexa, KS 66285. Requests must be received by Friday, April 2, 2021.
13. SPONSORED BY: CommunityAmerica Credit Union, 9777 Ridge Dr., Lenexa, KS, 66219.